I remember the first time I saw that covetous relaxed curl being strutted on the runways. I then remember when everyone from Jennifer Aniston to Disney stars started rocking the red carpet with it. So I thought, well, when in Rome. But for some reason, I could not for the life of me achieve the same simple sexy wave! Well, I’m happy to report I’ve cracked that nut–that macadamia nut that is!
On the arm Grammy nominated artist and hubby John Legend, Chrissy Teigen (right) took to the 57th Annual Grammy’s Red Carpet in a white Versace with Angelic Beach Waves to match. Those are the same waves that have been eluding me for ages. And luckily for us, the creator of this look, Celebrity Hairstylist and Macadamia Professional International Creative Director Giannandrea, shared his “how to” for achieving this sultry silhouette.
1. Start with wet hair and apply Macadamia Professional Foaming Volumizer ($25) to crown only.
2. Apply Macadamia Professional Blow Dry Lotion ($24) through the entire length of the hair.
3. Blow dry large sections with a large round brush to increase volume all over, especially on the top layers. Part hair down the middle.
4. Starting slightly below the crown, wrap small sections around a ¾-inch curling iron.
5. Use a flat iron to gently flatten the waves, making sure to keep the waves and not to remove the roundness.
6. Flatten the ends for an edgy finish. Spray each section with Macadamia Control Working Spray($23) to hold and set the waves.
7. Using hands, run Macadamia Professional Nourishing Moisture Oil Spray ($31.95) throughout the length to increase shine and supple texture.
|Macadamia Professional Foaming Volumizer is a whipped, airy mousse that gives hair ̶of all textures long lasting, feather light body, lift and exceptional shine. With a Control Factor of 1, Foaming Volumizer helps condition and detangle hair prior to styling with no residue build-up and heat protection.Price: $25
|Macadamia Professional Whipped Detailing Cream is an airy, lightweight detailer with a whipped cream like consistency which defines, separates and forms hair for pieciness and texture. With a Control Factor of 2, Whipped Detailing Cream provides light definition and textural control without weigh down. Ideal for detailing a finished look and taming fly aways with workable style.Price: $26
|Macadamia Control Working Spray ensures long lasting control that still allows for restyling throughout the day. Resistant to humidity and free from nasty build-up, Control Working Spray contains Omega 3, 5, and 7 and renews and rejuvenates dry, damaged and color-treated hair by imparting healthy shine, bounce and manageability.Price: $23
|Macadamia Professional Nourishing Moisture Oil Spray is an ultra-fine mist ideal for Medium hair textures, infused with the exclusive PRO OIL COMPLEX that instantly absorbs into hair and scalp providing moisture, softness, protection and shine. It includes Vitamin E, which hydrates and provides a long lasting, tangle and frizz-free finish. It offers natural UV protection and extends the life of color.Price: $31.95
These aren’t exactly the most pocket-book friendly priced products, especially when you’re using that many different products, but I’m a bit of a product junkie. And as much as I save, I do spend here and there when it matters. And achieving these sultry sexy waves is an important matter! I’m looking forward to making this work on my short haired head.
Is there an hairstyle you’ve been jonesing to try?
Love all your pretty parts,